Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tri Time, Baby

Welp, my first triathlon is tomorrow.  It's of the "micro" variety.  Tiny tiny tiny.

225 yards in the pool, 5 miles on the bike, 2 mile run.

Preparation wise, how'd we do?
Run - Superb.  Knee is a bit creaky, but other than that, plenty of training in.
Bike - Fair.  I've been riding once or twice a week for 5 weeks.  Not stellar, but every ride has had hills and has been 5 or more miles.  I generally try to run a quarter of a mile after the rides as well.  Mini-bricks.
Swim - I last swam, oh, 3 1/2 years ago.  Fail.

Whatevs.  I'm doing this one for fun. I have no goals in mind.. I just want to use this to try out the sport and get ready for the sprint tri at the end of the month.  If I didn't wind up last, that'd be good, but as long as I stay healthy through it, that's all that matters.

I don't know what kind of timing they'll have.  The outfit which normally does race timing around here isn't signed up for this race, so it should be interesting.  I'm stoked the race is at 9, which means I can get up at my normal time before heading over.

I've been making a checklist of crap to bring.  Holy cow.  So much more than a typical running road race. lol.

I'll keep you posted with how it goes.. Keep on rockin!

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

So how did it go? I hope you rocked it bro.