Sunday, June 3, 2012

Early run, long run

Well, I tried something midweek that I haven't done for a long time.  I woke up early to get up and run.  I figured it was a good way to keep peace in the house.. I get my run in, but don't shirk my child rearing duties.  I must admit, apart from it being early, it was a pretty good time.  There's so little traffic at that hour, and the temperature was wonderful.

The most interesting thing I saw on my run was a new in box Volvo big truck air filter.  I saw the box, and it had that description, but I thought "what are the odds?".  Well, in this case, the odds were pretty good.  I wasn't expecting a new one though.. maybe a used on in the new box?  Don't ask me, it was sitting in the middle of a rarely used parking lot.  It was gone by the next day.

Saturday I did my long run of the week.  I did an out and back 12 miler.  Turns out the local head shop is 6 miles away.  Kind of fun, right?  I do question my sanity of signing up for a marathon, but oh well.

Nothing much to report about the long run.. probably the most interesting thing I saw was a set of guard rail bolts.  I think they were just an extra set, as the guard rail looked properly secured (as in "no bolts missing").

The next day, I feel fine.  That's pretty cool, I must admit.


That's all for now. Keep on rockin!

No comments: