Thursday, March 26, 2009

Friday Miscellany


  • A few people seem to have adopted the 'write in bullets' style, so I'm going to give that a shot for a day.
  • I'm not coordinated to do a dozen footnotes like some people.
  • I'm going to see Jon Stewart this weekend.
  • I'm stoked! If you haven't watched the series of clips with him and Jim Cramer, wow.. Put aside a half hour and check them out. Funny stuff!
  • OK, here's some of the clips for you. here, here, and here.
  • If you like NIN, Jane's Addiction,or Street Sweeper, there's a free EP sampler for their upcoming tour at http://www.ninja2009.com/
  • I got 2 of the 4 games wrong last night in my picks. Ugh.
  • Favorite quote from the basketball coverage last night: "Just because you're open doesn't mean you should shoot it" (after someone air-balled it)
  • Best of luck to all of the racers this weekend. I know I'll forget some peeps.. (my bad if I forget you!). tfh, Melanie, Chad, RunToFinish, Lacey, Sassy Molassy, and anyone I forgot.
  • Speaking of tfh, props to her for running her first marathon this weekend.. best of luck!
  • That's all.. Keep on rockin', everyone!

12 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Thanks for the shoutout, and have fun seeing Jon Stewart!

Cindy said...

yay jon stewart! have fun this weekend!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

O, man, gimme those tix and I'll teach you the secret of footnotes because I ALONE know the secret formula!

I lurve JS ... and Colbert probably even more because he's SUCH a great d*ck! He brings d*ckishness to the level of ART! whereas it is usually just, um ... d*ckish.

I did love that Cramer interview. Too bad the media in general is not as good a watchdog of the public interest as this "comedian" is.

Marcy said...

Ooooo sounds like it's gonna be a good weekend :-) Have fun!

Denise said...

What a fun wknd!! The show will be great. Have fun.

Aron said...

have fun this weekend!!

X-Country2 said...

Sounds like you have a great weekend on tap. Have fun!

Carly said...

Have fun this weekend!

joyRuN said...

Jon Stewart's one of the few shows hub & I can watch together. I enjoy most of his stuff.

I saw the Cramer interview. Although it looked less interview & more soapbox grand-standing to me. Hub loved it though!

Shannon said...

I heart Jon Stewart and I DID see those Cramer videos. Jon was dead serious at some parts and really wanted him to know how pissed off he was.

Have a fun weekend.

Brian said...

Hope Jon was awesome!

Lily on the Road said...

how was Jon Stewart???