Thursday, June 4, 2009

NRD results, Marcy



For National Running Day, I made sure I got out there. The weather forecast was not what I predicted. Not at all. In fact, it was pretty much ideal running conditions. Slightly overcast, probably in the 60s.

I kept with my run some, walk some approach, and banged out 2.75 miles. Furthermore, I went longer before mixing in the walking. Today, the knee/ITB feels fine. I think my stretching and muscle toning regimen is starting to work a bit.. whoo hoo! Maybe I'm on the mend..?

So, I take my whopping 2.75 miles, and I donate them to Mel. You go girl!

And, for those of you who don't know, today is Marcy's last day. A sad day for all of the blogosphere. While I can't write true sentiment like my bro G did, I'll share my two cents.

Marcy's blog was one I thought where all of the cool kids hung out. I lurked there for a long long time, pretty much from near the beginning. I have no proof of that, as I was shy and lurking. (Not stalking, just lurking, mind you)

I always enjoyed reading her stuff, but with her massive blogroll and number of active commenters on her blog, I figured she'd never never notice me, never mind swing by here. And, yet, here she is. She's funny, entertaining, and a really nice person. (And if I were better with words, I could come up with better adjectives)

Happy Birthday Marcy.. it's been fun. Hope to see you around.

Alright everyone.. keep on rockin'.

9 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Good job on the NRD run. I donated my one mile to Mel, too.

I was supposed to run today, but it was raining here in Joisey, so I just did yoga and exercise.

And can I say re: Teh Marcy?

WAAAAHHH!

Because people say, "Hey, InYerFacebook!" But I'm not joining IYFB an time soon.

It wouldn't be the same anyway.

So, yeah, just a sad sad day. The whole weather front over NJ today was shedding tears. Coincidence?

Well, yeah, probably. But still.

Unknown said...

It is sad to see Marcy go. I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend, though.

tfh said...

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who lurks when a blog already has tons of comments. But Marcy's one of the nice cool kids!

Marcy said...

Awwwhhh thanks Mr! :-) I'm glad I swung by too ;-) It only took me FOREVER, I know ;-)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

thanks for the 2.75!! You rock! So seems the walk/run is working well for you, happy to hear that you're mending :)

MCM Mama said...

Glad the run went well.

Yeah, Marcy seems to be everywhere. What are we all going to do without her to tie us all together?

X-Country2 said...

That whole post was just full of heart. Softy. :o)

chris mcpeake said...

Nice to see I am not the only one lurking out there. good luck on your recovery

C said...

I love the mass-mourning of Marcy. It lets us know we're not alone even though she's ditched us. :)