Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Weights

Well, I've been working on the whole "let me clear my shizz out of the house, and hopefully get some coin for it."  I've been eBaying old magazines (I mean, really, someone wants them?  Who am I to judge?) and books.  I got rid of some stuff on Craigslist as well (talk about a spotty user base).

So, with this new found moola, what would I do?   Buy more stuff, of course!!!

I've been eyeing up a set of weights since about Thanksgiving.. I've been jonesing for a set of Powerblocks.  So, I scored a 15% off coupon and got a pair at Dick's.


Yeah, they're not the latest and greatest, but they were at a good price, and they'll suit my capacity quite well.

Of course, mini-Raul views them as a place to put stickers:



Since I haven't been swimming yet, I've been doing some exercises that will hopefully get me more ready, namely some kickback/curl/press combos.  Cyberpenguin is kind enough to let me beta-test a "100 bicep curl" program she's working on, so I've been doing a bit of that, some bench presses, some squats, some lawnmowers, etc.

The weights are killer.  You can swap out weight levels in seconds, and are adjustable up to 50 pounds per dumbbell.  (There is an expansion pack that will bring them up to 70 each).  If I max these bad boys out, I'll upgrade to the latest and greatest version. (lol, that'll be the day.)

All in all, I think it was a good investment, and I'm really very happy with the product itself.  I'm certainly seeing results with using them on a regular basis, as well.

Keep on rockin'!

No comments: