Thursday, December 4, 2008

Who's the best plumber now?

Tuesday I banged out 4 miles at the gym. 2 on the treadmill, 2 on the track. Pretty uneventful.

Wednesday was an off day, as I was installing this:



It's a condensation pump for a furnace. Very exciting. The old one was acting up, and I ordered a new one. I was a bit worried, as the exact model I had wasn't made any more. I made an educated guess, ordered a pump, and waited.

It arrived yesterday, and I wasted no time in installing it.

Attached it, hooked it up, fired up some tests with a full tank of water and.....

nothing.

Well, it ran, but the tank didn't empty.


Arghsighgruntbitchgroan.

After some more examination, I guessed that this was the problem:



It's part of the drainage hose, and it looked a bit crumpled.

Of course, the damn thing used to work.

So, I made the trip to Home Depot (thankfully, I only live just over a mile away), and got some new hose, put it in, and..



Who's the best cop now?!

All up and running.


Noticed a little bit of leakage around the hose this morning, but nothing substantial. I'll investigate that at some point.

OK. Keep on rockin'.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

you're the best plumber now!
very nice mcgyver action on the hose-it-thingy. i tend to steer clear of anything with a motor for fear of explosion.

tfh said...

Very macho! Nice work. I am so glad by "best plumber" you didn't mean what my colleague with the low-rise jeans seems to be aiming for...

Unknown said...

I love that movie!

raulgonemobile said...

Oh, good! I'm glad someone admitted they 'got it'. Some memorable moments from that flick.