Friday, May 29, 2009

Blogaversary!!

Welp, it's been one year since I started this little blog. (Well, it's really tomorrow, but I don't really blog too much on the weekends) This is #260 of my posts over the past year. Wow.. really? That means I have a rate of 5 posts a week? Wow. As XC2 said, employee of the month. Well, really, I guess employee of the year.

Well, like most of you bloggers, I started a blog saying "who would read my writings?". However, over time, I've slowly built up a little "fan base". I find it really incredible, and I'd like to thank all of you who stop by here. I've made some good friends doing this, and I hope that continues on. The blogosphere is a really great community.

The reason I started blogging was that after I started running a couple of years ago, I went to Google and searched for something incredibly silly like "beginner runner tips" or something along that line. One thing led to another, and then I found a series of running blogs. I wound up lurking on the blogs for pretty much a year before starting my own.

(As it is, I still read a number of blogs that I lurk at.. haven't come around to posting, or don't post regularly).

So.. in honor of all of you, my readers, is there anything you'd like to read on here that you don't? Anything you want to see less of? Stuff you want changed?


On to running.. last night, I got in a humid 2 miles. No Garmin on me.. just wanted to go out. I think I'm not really sold on the whole running with a knee strap. I noticed that I felt my knee cap sliding around a bit (something I'm intimately familiar with, having a scorching case of patello femeral pain a few years back), and I figure that's due to my quad not having it's full control with the strap in the way. I think I'll try my next run without the strap, just to see how it goes. If I'm not better soon, I'm chugging my butt over to the doctor. It's been long enough. I'm tired of this.

I'm looking forward to the weekend.. I don't think we have any plans (I haven't verified this with Mrs. Raul, so I'm 99.99999% sure I'm wrong, and there's probably something really important going on). It was only a 4 day week, which is certainly better than a 5 day one, but I still like to leave work. Something tells me that even if I got down to a 1 day week, I'd still be exuberant at the end of the lone work day.


Thanks again.. keep on rockin'!

(and, an extra one for you, G, keep on rockin'!)

11 comments:

RunningLaur said...

woo blogiversary!
Do you have a favorite post / training run / race to highlight from the last year?

Hope the knee shapes up.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your first year in the blogosphere! It's been great reading your stuff.

I'm with you - I cheer the end of every workday/week. :-)

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

First: You should keep Alcohol Tuesday (which can be about anything, beer, wine, scotch, gin, moonshine, etc.) and ADD Beer Thursday - where it's BEER only.

I always mean to blog about beer and when you started Alky T'day, I meant to join in, but the fact is I rarely know where the keyboard will take me when I sit down to blog and I am a total wipeout at trying to discipline myself that way. So I end up talking about beer fitfully on my blog or in comments at other blogs, like here.

Second - What the flying farg IS that thing you're using as your avatar? Teh 'Bride insisted it was a beehive, but I know that's wrong. (She's since been to the eye doctor, who I'm calling "eye doctor" because who has the time to look up the correct spelling of ophthamologist? <--Be surprised if that's right; all's I know for sure is there's an extra "h" in there somewhere).

Congrats on the blogoversary!

Keep on rockin AND Face-Punchin!

Denise said...

Happy blogaversary!!! Enjoy your wknd! I second the comment about doing a thirsty thursday with beer reviews!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Happy Blogiversary. In response to your question about the Tri Power...the strength assessment had how many push ups in 1 minute, wall sit to exhaustion, flex-arm hang to exhaustion, side plank to exhaustion, side plank bent knee to exhaustion, prone plank to exhaustion, extensor chain to exhaustion and a core strength test. now i'm exhausted from typing LOL. Reading the book so far is interesting, most things you can do with equipment you have at home, and it's only 30min/day... if it can help keep injuries at a minimum, worth a try!!! Have a great weekend :)

Aka Alice said...

Hi Raul! Happy Blogiversary! I found your blog through TIART (nice post about the injuries BTW)...and so I'm lurking and here hang Glaven, and Mel, and some others I know (virtually of course), so if you don't mind, I'll follow along.

Elisabeth said...

I'm a transitioning lurker/blogger since December, (wow, that sounds like I'm an addict at a meeting) and wanted to wish you and your blog a Happy Blogaversary!

What IS your avitar?? It looks like some kind of relic from a torture chamber... it's SPOOKY!

joyRuN said...

Keep on rockin!

I've seen your avatar before - from Doctor Who, right? I dunno the context - all I know is it was a pic a friend of mine posted from her visit to some place in London.

HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY!

Marcy said...

Ohh wow! I thought you were here longer than I have been?!? But hey, here's to your 1 year! Let's all have a drinky or 10 :P

Lily on the Road said...

Congrat's to one year in Blogland!!

It's your blog, continue to write whatever you want! Enjoy!!! Not sure how I found you ~ but I'm glad I did!!

Cindy said...

happy belated bloggiversary! i've liked reading whatever you post--no need to change. it'snice to read about the y chromosome perspective since most of the blogs i read are from fellow ladies. represent for the men, rgm!