Friday, January 13, 2012

2012, Week 2

Week 2 was a reasonable success.  Ate well, worked out a bit:
- Saturday was a long run, about 6 miles.
- Sunday was Kenpo X and Ab Ripper X
- Monday was an easy run
- Tuesday was DVD time with Jillian
- Wednesday was a hill run
- Thursday was Yoga Meltdown with Jillian
- Friday was an indoor walk.

The long run went well.  My knee felt good until the 4th mile, and then it started feeling like it had gristle in it.   Nothing too serious, but I did some walk breaks and stretching periodically.    It started feeling funny around mile 3 on Monday too.  It's not the pain I had with ITBS, but it does feel a little odd.  I have a theory, and I'm working on it.   The hill run went great though.

The yoga was fun.  I really see how it can help strength and flexibility.  I suck at it, but I've only done it a few times, so that's expected.  I do wonder if just learning via DVDs will lead me to bad habits, but poor yoga is still better than no yoga, I suppose.

Mrs. Raul did me a solid.. In her travels out and about, she picked up some more running clothes for me:

It's a little washed out, but 2 black jackets, a pair of black pants, and a blue shirt (dark blue, but you wouldn't know it from this shot).  Target, C9 stuff.  Awesome.

Meal wise, nothing too crazy this week. Had a pot roast that I rocked out in the crock pot.  Oh, and a broccoli-cheddar quiche.  It turned out good, even using fat free milk.. I was worried it would be runny, not having the heaviness of the cream, etc.  Regardless, I think next time, I'm going to go with a crust-less one.


My UPS guy came tonight and brought me something from Amazon.  Always a fun day!   Tonight it was the book 'Racing Weight' by Matt Fitzgerald.  My man Carolina John recommended it, so I'm going to give it a read.  I'll let you know what I think.  So far, my beef is this:  What, no Kindle version??

We had the first snowfall of the year.. Only a couple of inches, but it's enough to make winter running a real pain in the ass, what with the ice and darkness and all.  Going to brave it tomorrow, I think.  One small upside to global warming is that it's mid January and it's only now becoming winter.

That's all for now. Keep on rockin'

No comments: