Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day Workout

On the way home, I picked up my wife and we went and voted. The polling place was more crowded than I'd ever seen it, but I only had a wait of 6 people ahead of me in my district. Not bad.

I went to the gym and did a workout.. Wound up doing 2 miles on the treadmill, followed by a mile on the track. I also did a few weight machines (hips, abs, lower back).

On the way out, I ran into my running buddy, and I proceeded to do 15 on the stairmaster.

(Of course, during all of this, I was glued to the election coverage).

Anyway, I went home, got cleaned up, and got ready for the main event.. the real election coverage.

My running buddy came over, and her and my wife watched some soaps and then watched their wedding videos together.. I checked in periodically, doing double duty between the two TVs.

I can't say that I ever really got into election coverage as much as I did yesterday.

Wow.. it was historic, that's for sure.

I watched McCain's speech, and figured that I may as well stay up to watch Obama's.

The election "season" is finally closed, and I'm really looking forward to what will happen over the next four years. For those of you who went out and voted, awesome. For those of you who didn't.. tsk tsk.


I'm kind of whipped today from staying up late and watching the TV. Hopefully I'll get a swim in tonight, but we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.