Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day



It's election day here in the U.S. It's been coming a long long time. I'll be glad to see it over.

I haven't felt as charged up as I am ever in a presidential election (or any election for that matter).

I must say though, this whole electoral college thing seems crazy to me. I understand, back in the day, people weren't as well informed, etc etc. Any more now, though, we have 24/7 news coverage on everything - from politics to what celebrity wore what while dating whom.

I think it would be neat if everyone got a vote, you tallied up the numbers, and that was it. I live in a non swing state, so we get very little attention paid to us. Not that I'd go to a political rally, but.. it's the concept. It seems so strange that in New York or in California, if the vote was 51%/49%, all of those electoral votes would go towards one candidate. The 49% would have more votes that some entire states.

I also realize that both major political parties try to use the electoral college system to their advantage. The work different angles to get the votes. So, the odds of it changing are slim. Doesn't mean I like it.


Anyway, if you're eligible to vote, and you're informed, get out there and vote. Doesn't matter who you vote for, just go and vote.

As I told someone who wasn't planning to vote.. if you don't vote, you can't complain about who was voted in.

Alright folks.. keep on rockin' the vote..

No comments: