Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend workout

My great goals for working out this weekend were just squashed due to logistics. Oh well. Even with an extra hour, I couldn't get everything in.

I had originally planned to go to the gym Saturday morning and work out. I stepped outside, realized how warm it was, and proceeded to do my run outside. I managed 4.25 miles at an 8:58 pace. Not too shabby.

Only interesting (and frightening) thing I saw was this.. While running downtown, I saw a guy in a motorized power chair/scooter thing. He was driving it down the street. A busy street. Main Street, in fact. He was riding with traffic.
On my way back, I wound up passing him. I'm running on foot at my ~6.5 mph pace on the sidewalk. If I was running in the street, I'd be running against traffic.

I dunno.. I felt worried about him, that he should be up on the sidewalk.


Sunday, I had planned to go swimming, but it just didn't happen. Oh well. I did pick up a copy of 'Lego Star Wars' for $20, though. :)

No comments: