Thursday, June 26, 2008

The cereal cupboard

Last night I mowed the lawn, then strapped on my non-wet running shoes and went out and did some hill work. Ran about 3.5 miles, and felt pretty strong the whole time.

Only trouble was that I didn't eat a lot yesterday, it was a little warm, and I had just spent a good amount of energy mowing. So, I felt strong, but I had to walk at the top of the hill because I was getting dizzy and all.

Is that weird? Feeling good, but light headed? Hrms. Either way, it had been a month or so since I did that route, and I felt that I did it well. It's some little hills followed by a steep mile long climb.


This morning as I was getting some cereal out of the cupboard, I found myself spying what else was in the cupboard. That particular cupboard is rather large, and contains the cereal, various baking trays and such, and... our entire liquor supply. (It is a large cupboard, don't worry).

So, it's 7 in the morning, I'm thinking about going to work, and I'm eying up a bottle of Cuervo. Sigh.

One of the project managers here cornered me yesterday and said something like "you think you go to a lot of meetings now.. just wait until next month!" Grr. I hate meetings.
Funny story.. I was about 8 years old or something, and my dad came home one day. I asked him what he did, and he said he had 3 meetings. I was all impressed, I thought.. "wow, he's really important.. It must be great to go to all of those meetings". Years later, I feel bad for him. Heh. On the other hand, it was only 3 meetings that day... could have been worse (unless they were all 3-4 hours or something like that).

Now, they have me setting up my own meetings, as if all of the other ones scheduled weren't enough. I feel like I should spontaneously combust for doing such a thing.

No comments: