Monday, June 23, 2008

What did you do this weekend?

I had a fairly nice weekend, I must admit.

Saturday was perfect weather.. it was about 73 and sunny. I went for a bike ride in the morning, put a little more than 5 miles in. The hills in the area totally owned my quads.
A friend of mine said, "I don't know how you'll be, but I can't really get a good workout on a bike." He must be in waaaaay better shape than I am.

My wife threw a 'surprise' birthday party for me that evening. We basically had a barbecue over at our place. Turned out well.. good turnout. I think we had 13 friends & family over.

Sunday was a bit of a lazy day. Stayed up too late Friday playing my new PS3, and was up late Saturday. So, I rested in my birthday present hammock and kicked back most of the afternoon.

I'm in the process of reading 'War and Peace'. Really.
No, I'm not really enjoying it. I'm at page 1000 as of yesterday, so I figure I may as well finish it.
I do like the 'war' parts. The 'peace' parts, well... My big issue is this.. I don't like to have to keep track of lots of different characters. If there are lots of people, I may as well pay attention to the real world. I had trouble with another book like this- 'Pride and Prejudice'. (As one of my faithful blog readers will remember reading that with me. :) ). Lots and lots of characters. So little going on.
You'd think it'd be easy, if the characters aren't doing anything. But noooo.. It's all these subtle soap opera interactions that come into play later on in the story.
Blah.

Last night we watched an old Denis Leary movie called 'The Ref'. Cute. It's one of those chick flicks a guy can stand to watch.

How about that George Carlin passing thing? Wow. I had always wondered about going to see him, and I figured the next time he came to town (which he used to do every few years), that maybe I'd go. Guess I won't be now.
But seriously, that's too bad.

Well, that's about it for now. Catch up with you later

2 comments:

Andrew said...

All I remember from that class was figuring out our acronym... I think I got a 2 on the exam, too. That sucked. All that "work" with no benefit.

raulgonemobile said...

Only a 2? Man, that hurts. That was a painful class. I eeked by with a 3.

Blah.