Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wow, what a Tuesday

Back when the Celtics acquired KG and Ray Allen, people started talking to me about going to the NBA finals. I told them, "hey, I'm looking for a winning season. Let's start with 42 wins."

The regular season started, and we started out 8-0 or something like that.. I said, "this is something special". We ran out to have the best NBA record this year. Amazing, considering where we were last year. We secured a playoff spot, and I said "wow. That's great. We've come a long way." It wasn't until we made it to the finals that I let myself start thinking about winning the championship. Once we made it to the final 7 games, I let myself start thinking about winning it all. Even if we had lost, it was an amazing season. Watching the jumbotron video of the Celtics gives me goosebumps.

Last night, game 6, was incredible. The Celtics played their defense, and never let up. They wanted to win, and played superbly. I was fired up going into the game (my wife turned to me at one point where I was a bit over exuberant and said "I'm sitting right here..."). We watched the whole thing, and it was just wonderful.

I wore my Celtics garb into work today. Got a few looks and laughs, but hey, it's been 22 years.

In other news, I went to the baseball game last night (left early.. we were winning 10-0, and the game was on.). It was "Mardi Gras" night, on a 2 for Tuesday. The group behind us was hilarious, a bachelor party. They kept calling it "Party Gras".


I'm taking a bit of break watching sports on TV, just to wind down. Lots of baseball left in the season. I also promised my wife that I'd watch a double feature of "The Young & The Restless" tonight with her, as she's been so good watching the playoff games with me.

We beat L.A.! Woot!

No comments: