Friday, June 27, 2008

Geekdom

Went for an easy just under 3 mile run last night with my running buddy. A little hot and humid, but it worked out. It was pretty much all flat. I'm debating taking tonight off as a rest day, but I might go do another easy run. I don't want to do too much, but I feel pretty decent. It's supposed to be really hot/humid/stormy this weekend, so I'm afraid of missing my window if I don't go tonight.
We'll see what's going on when I get home, I suppose.. take it from there.

What else is going on? Ultimate geekdom for me.

First, I set up free WAP (mobile web) on my phone. (And my wife's, as well, of course). A bit hacky and non-intuitive. (Of course, the cell company doesn't want you working around their fee-based proxy.) I did manage to persevere.

Then, I took my PS3, partitioned it, and installed Linux on it. Managed to get the wireless working, the graphics, the sound, and the Bluetooth controller. Sweet. But, it's ultimate geekdom.

Yes, the PS3 is my new toy.. I bought it a couple of weeks ago, and have been having a lot of fun with it. The last new console I bought was the Super Nintendo, and that was many many years ago. I held off buying into the current generation of consoles for a while, but I finally caved.

Next toy to buy will be an HDTV. The PS3 would look even better running on an HDTV, compared to the tube TV I'm using now. Went looking at TVs, though, and they can get quite expensive.. So, no rush on that.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

No comments: