Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Gettin' ripped


I was reading a recent post on a blog I read, and became intrigued by the '100 pushup challenge'.


I'm going to do it. Why not? It's something that has always intrigued me.. I've never been really physically fit, but I've been working on it this past year.

Of course, I'm not content to do what everyone else is doing. So, I'm mixing it up a bit. I've been doing pushups on and off for a while now. For Christmas, my wife got me the 'perfect pushup' exercise thingys. (I used them religiously over the winter, and slowly dropped off).
Using those perfect pushup handles, I found that it was a better workout, but I could only do about half of what I would normally. So, I'm going to do the pushup challenge using the perfect pushup gear.

I ran my initial test last night, and came out at 25 pushups. Me so studly.
errmmm. Maybe not.
That puts me in rank #3 out of 7. We'll see how this goes.


In other exercise news, I went biking last night. My running buddy got trapped in Dulles airport and had to drive home from there, so no running last night. (We may run tonight.. I may go see the new Hulk movie. We'll see what all happens).

Any way, I went biking, and of course, at the halfway mark, the sky started spitting. Oh well. It was just a passing shower. The route I took was one of my favorite running routes.. It's just under 7 miles (6.95). The first half is pretty much all uphill... (Meaning, of course, the second half is pretty much all downhill)

I made it to the top, and scooted back on down the hill. Man, my back brakes squeeeeek. Holy moly. My legs are tired today, but not sore or hurting awful, so I consider it a success.

No comments: