Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wednesday night

I left work a bit early yesterday to get some stuff done.

My running buddy and I went running for a little over 2.5 miles.. The route was a series of rolling hills, so it was a decent workout. She's going away for a week and a half, so I'll be on my own after today for a bit. That's a bummer.

I also squeezed in 50 situps after the run, just for funsies.

I came home, and proceeded to do day 1 of week 1 for the 100 pushup challenge. My final 'max' attempt in the series was 12, 5 over the minimum, woot!. That put me at 46 for the day.

I then proceeded to go mow the lawn. Decent workout, as well. We've got a self-propelled mower, but I never use the propelling part of it. I just push it around for a better workout. The thing with those is that the self-propelling mechanism certainly adds to the overall weight of the mower. And, they break easier, too. My next mower is going to be some sort of $99 job, where I can do my basic maintenance, and if it breaks after a couple of years, it's not a huge investment.

All of that not being enough punishment, I decided to pull my car out and wash it... then, I decided to wax it. (Looks nice now, though.. wish I had done the armor-all on the tires and all that, but I wasn't really interested at the time).

I hosed off myself, then proceeded to sit outside and have a couple of beers. I opted for an Ithaca pale ale and a Saranac pale ale. I also found my guitar, and sat outside playing it for a bit. Hadn't played in a couple of years, but the right synapses were firing, and it sounded as good as it ever did (which doesn't say a lot, I know.. :) )

Today is the 3rd.. I'm hoping they send us home early from work today. Not much planned for the weekend. I'm hoping to do some more workouts, but the weather looks pretty iffy right now. If I don't post any time soon, have a happy (and safe) 4th of July!

No comments: