Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rockin W4D1

I completed Day 1 of Week 4 of the 100 pushup challenge. Woot! My final max was at 30, 3 over the min. All of my pushups were 'good form', as well. I took a bit longer between the sets, but that is a-OK in my book.

Went for a slow 3 mile run as well. My running buddy called me up and asked if I wanted to go.. who was I to say no? It's amazing what a day of rest will do for your legs.. They felt good before, during, and after the run. Awesome. We did the 3 miles in 31 minutes, a very leisurely time. At least we got out there. My running buddy had a snack of pasta that seemed to be bothering her for the last mile of the run.

I'm fighting off a head cold.. been doing this for almost a week now. Bleh.

Last night, in an effort to unwind, I watched a movie off of my DVR... Saw II. Not as good as the original, IMHO. I was able to figure out the plot points and twists in advance.. The original snuck a few past me. I'll have to see what III and IV have to offer at some point.
The acting was pretty decent, and it wasn't a bad movie, especially for that genre. It just fell short of the original, as sequels often do. (Nothing as bad as the Matrix sequels, which couldn't even see the original from the spot they fell to).

I was also flipping around the TV and saw that there were new episodes of the Twilight Zone. Like, full color with modern actors and everything. When did that happen? What sort of cave am I living in? I started watching one, but my wife came home and I DVRed the end of it.

No comments: