Thursday, July 17, 2008

Green Hump Day

Well, another Hump Day has come and gone.. on the back side of the week.. hooray. Only 3 conference calls today, that's not too bad (unfortunately). Sadly, I have to run a couple of them.


Last night, I put the first coat of green paint on our bathroom. Once it's done, I'll throw a pic up here.. It's a pretty awesome color.

I did Week 3, Day 1 of the 100 pushup challenge.


Barely.

Hehe. The recipe called for 25, 17, 17, 15, and then for you to max (putting in at least 25). I made it through the 25 & 17 with no issues. The next 17 made me think "uh oh". I chugged through it and the 15. Alas, the final 25 was a struggle. I kept shifting my arm position.. narrow, wide, narrow, wide. Just to get it done. It wasn't a fluid set of 25, but they did get done. 99 pushups on the day.

I did a few sit ups later in the day, after a very humid run. Not terribly hot, but humid. As one sports writer once wrote "It's as humid as a Patrick Ewing head band!" ewwwww. My running buddy and I put in just over 3 miles, at just over a 10 min/mile pace.

My abs feel like they were worked out today. Abs of steel, here I come!


Tried again with the Merkur blade. No dice, again. I used a shaving soap, rather than my Proraso cream, just for a new flavor. I wound up doing two passes and calling it a day.

No comments: