Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Last few days

The past week was a very good week for workouts.. I wound up working out 6 of the 7 days, a mix of running and biking.

On Sunday, I finished day 3, week 1, of the 100 pushup challenge. The week was a success. I just squeaked out the minimum on the last set, putting my total that day at 63.

We also went back to the park on Sunday for another bike ride.. We did about 4.6 miles, so we did over 10 for the two days. Nice and flat, good way to ease into biking for us.

On Monday, it was back to work. I love 3 day weekends (not as much as 4 day weekends, of course). Alas, it had come to an end. After the day was over, I was wishing it was Friday, because it was just terrible. Argh.

I debated stopping at the liquor store on the way home, but I decided I'd go for a long run when I got home. I strapped on the CamelBak and iPod and out I went.. I went into an area I never run in.. It's a bit seedy, but it was light out, and no one bothered me. My stretch goal was 8 miles, I wound up doing 7, which was the minimum I wanted to do. It was 82 and humid out. Bleh. After about 5.5 miles, my CamelBak was mostly warm, I hadn't put enough ice in it. I decided to mix in a stretch and brief walk. (The end total was 7 miles of running, though).

My ITBS seemed to be relatively OK.. I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10. After I got home from work, I popped 3 advil (normally I would take 0). I know you're not supposed to run after taking advil and such, but... oh well. So, maybe that masked some of my ITBS issues.. It seems OK this morning, though.. I'll have to go easy this week, probably.

My long route was pretty much all flat. I had debated doing some hills in the midst of the long run, but opted not to, just to keep it a bit less taxing on me. I may do a hill workout Wedesday.. Or, I might do a speed workout. I'm not sure yet. I haven't checked how fast I can run a mile in a year or so.. I thought that may be interesting. (Or disappointing)

I put in splits at about 10 minute miles for the long route. It's probably a bit fast for my long slow distances, for me, but I have a very hard time slowing it down any more than that.

After running, I did feel immensely better, stress-wise. Only 4 more work days this week. *sigh*

Well, that's all for now.. tonight is day 1 of week 2 for the pushups.. Shoulders are a bit sore from carrying around the CamelBak last night, so I hope that doesn't hinder my progress. :)

No comments: