Monday, July 28, 2008

Relaxing Friday

So, I took Friday off. No work. That right there makes the day about 5000 times better than a normal Friday.

I woke up, and launched into my pushups. I finished Week 4, Day 2. Not over the top style, but I did get them done. I don't especially enjoy jumping into physical activity immediately after getting up, but the day called for it.

I went off to see the barber. It was kind of funny.. A few guys there, nothing too out of the ordinary. After a while, one guy couldn't wait any longer, and he got up and left. Probably only had another 20 minutes to go. My hair sure as heck isn't going to take long to cut. But, it was nice, just sitting there and not having to worry about being any place at any particular time.

After I got my hair cut to the appropriate 1/4-3/8 inches long, I went to Mickey D's for some breakfast burritos.. Yum yum. I do love breakfast burritos.

Then...

I went for a massage. I had a gift certificate from Christmas, so this one was free. My oh my.

Let me tell you, if you've never had a massage, it is so worth it. Save up the bucks and go. Just once. Just to see what it's like.


This was my 4th ever in my life (over a period of 6 years or so. :) ). There is no doubt this was the best one yet. I was a bit worried when I met my therapist.. She was this tiny thing, I was unsure of whether she would be able to get the kinks out.

Her thumbs were like machines made of steel. Wow. Totally fricken awesome. So good, I made another appointment for next month. hah.


I also went out to lunch later in the day. In front of the Lowe's in our area, there's a sandwich cart. It always smells really really good.
I ordered up a cheesesteak..... and it was good. Pricey, but good.

Believe it or not, that was one of the items off of my 'things to do in life' list. Sweet. A good day when I knock one of those off.


It was a nice day off. I'm going to have to do this more often.

No comments: