Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dice Baseball

So, last Friday was the draft for the local 'dice baseball' league.

I spent a couple of hours this morning working on the stats and crunching the numbers, and have come up with this lineup, based on the team that I drafted:

  1. PeeWee Reese (SS) - .202
  2. Enos Slaughter (OF) - .22
  3. Jimmie Foxx (1B) - .236
  4. Eddie Collins (2B) - .241
  5. Duke Snider (OF) - .221
  6. Dom DiMaggio (CF) - .221
  7. Gabby Hartnett (C) - .213
  8. Pitcher..


The batting averages are the success in the local league, not necessarily their lifetime stats.

My starting pitcher rotation is:

  1. Sandy Koufax
  2. Warren Spahn
  3. Bob Gibson
  4. Clark Griffith


Relievers are:

  1. Dave Guisti
  2. Wilbur Wood


Rounding out my bench are:

  • Bobby Murcer
  • Joe Gordon
  • George Scott
  • Manny Mota
  • Roger Maris
  • Lou Pinella
  • Eddie Yost



So, my team is centered around pitching and defense, rather than running ability and offense. I'll see if the mantra of 'good pitching beats good hitting' holds up.

I've never played this before, so it should be an interesting experience.

On a side note, my wife just realized this morning that this will be occurring every Friday night, as opposed to once a month as she thought. Oops. Sorry dear..

No comments: