Monday, September 29, 2008

Rambling post

Friday night was week 1 of the dice baseball games. I wound up going 2-3. Interesting game, very fast paced. I was glad that the people I was paired up with weren't totally hardcore about it, as some of the guys in the league are.

Saturday, I went out for a run about 3pm. It was in the low 70s and was really really humid. Disgusting. I wound up doing 4.5 miles, and was absolutely drenched at the end.

Sunday, I went out for a little over a 5K.. Dunno, probably 3.2 miles. I left the Garmin at home as it was sprinkling a bit, and I've already had enough issues with the speakers. (Although, the speakers seem to be coming back to the land of the living. Go figure).

Both runs were decent, I felt pretty good. My legs just felt tired, but a good tired. Not a painful sort of tired. As I've been banging out about 5 runs a week the last couple of weeks, I think that should be expected.

Saturday night/Sunday morning a case of my bad sleeping reared its ugly head. This has been happening a lot lately. Essentially, I go to sleep for a half hour to 45 minutes, and then I wake up entirely uncomfortable. My legs are tweaked, every muscle is tight. I can't go back to sleep, and I usually get up and watch TV for a few hours. Talk about a waste.

Although Saturday night wasn't a complete waste. I watched the second half of Darkman II: The Return of Durant and the first half of Darkman II: Die, Darkman, Die.
I always liked the Darkman movies. I hadn't seen them in a while, so it was kind of fun.

But, back to the sleeping thing. I don't know if the leg action is related to my running. I don't know if running helps it or hurts it. I worry about the latter, that my muscles are tired and tense and then go nutso in the night. Sigh.

I had a similar issue Sunday night, but I skipped the TV thing and was able to fall back asleep after lying there for an hour.

Saturday night, I had a host of new beers. I'll save that post for later today or tomorrow.

One of the local places to watch concerts is shutting down, so that just stinks. Kind of bummer news on the weekend. They'll be open for a little while longer, so I'm debating trying to squeeze one more show in. GWAR is going to be there.. I've never seen them. Maybe...

I was glad to see Mike Mussina win his 20th game yesterday. Good for him. Last year was a long and arduous year for him. To bounce back and get 20 wins, that's just awesome. It will be interesting to see if he hangs it up on a high note, or if he goes for a 2-3 year deal in order to win 30 more and get to 300. If he does sign on, which team will he sign on with? So many questions.

Well, I really should get to work. I'll be back later..

No comments: