Monday, September 22, 2008

Long weekend

No, it was still the usual 2 days, but it was a long weekend. A lot going on.

I did get in a couple of runs. Saturday I banged out 3.5, and Sunday yielded 3. Both of them had my calves feeling absolutely dreadful. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. If I get a spare minute, I'll have to self-diagnose on WebMD.

Planning to go out again tonight when I get home and put in another 3. Mainly to de-stress and to disconnect for a half hour.

The bright note of the weekend was that there was a beer festival locally. It was a good time. My favorite this year was Brooklyn Local 1. That was a strong pale ale, and absolutely delicious. Other noteworthy beers were: Harpoon's Octoberfest and Left Hand Brewing's Oktoberfest. The Harpoon was at last year's brewfest, and I really enjoyed in then as well. This year's batch is just as tasty. I had never had Left Hand's stuff, and was very pleased.

Hook and Ladder had a table there, and I had some of the 'Lighter' beer. Not too good. Previously, I had tasted their beer and it wasn't bad. Don't know if this was a bad batch, a bad beer, a bad set of taste buds, or what, but it just wasn't doing it for me.

Tomorrow night is Harpoon night at one of the local bars, so I'll be going to that. Some brewery reps are to be there and have promotions.. so on, and so forth.

This week, I'm going to finish up the bathroom I've been working on. Working may be a bit of a loose term, as it's just been sitting there, and I haven't been involved at all. But, we may have a temporary house guest soon, so, I'm going to get cracking. Tonight will be a cleaning and caulking night, I do believe.

No comments: