Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bittersweet

So, I had to finish up yesterday's post a bit prematurely. Work called, that's what I had to do. You know how it goes.

Anybody watch the final game in Yankee stadium? The pregame ceremonies were incredible.. watching all of the Yankee greats go out on the field. I was really glad to see Bernie Williams was there, too.

It's too bad we won't be in the playoffs this year, but maybe the ownership will realize there are some issues with the team. Maybe they'll work on building a real team, rather than just putting together a bunch of old high-priced superstars.

The Jets got owned last night, unfortunately. I'm hoping with the fairly easy schedule they have over the next few weeks that the team will be able to gel.

I went out for a run, aiming to do 3 miles. My calves felt somewhat tight, as they have lately, but better than I expected. I did do some self massage on them the night before, and that seems to have helped. My route slowly lengthened, as I took a couple of extra side streets. Come mile 2.8, I felt really good all of a sudden. The run wound up being 3.83 miles.

Even though my legs aren't right after having missed a bunch of runs, I am increasing the number of times I run per week. That was one of my goals this year, which I was semi-successful at. Since I've gotten the go-ahead from the doctor to run, I've been going out 5 times every 7 days. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep that up.

Last night, I did caulk and clean the floor of the bathroom I'm redoing. The vinyl flooring near the tub is pretty torn up, so I may put a rubber/caulk hybrid strip down just to make it look nice and neat and straight. The good news was that I didn't get caulk all over (the walls, the floor, or myself). I'm getting better at doing this. Hehe

Tonight is Harpoon night, so no running (and probably nothing productive). I have a few folks to raise a pint to, and I'm going with a good group of guys to raise the pints with.

No comments: