Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Golden Monkey



After running last night, what better way to end the evening than a new beer?

Again, we're cursed by the lack of a flash on my phone. Sigh. Anyways, this is Victory Brewing Company's "Golden Monkey.

It's a Belgian style ale, and quite potent.. 9.5% ABV. Nothing wrong with that!

This beer has a lot of different flavors in it. I should be like Gary Vaynerchuk and build up my nose for different scents. My sniffer doesn't work very well.

There were many different spices in it, and different essences of fruit. Everything was very well balanced, and it was a delicious beer.
It was different than many of the Belgians I've had before. Ommegang makes some very good Belgians, and this was right up there, if not better.


This came in a sampler 12 pack.. There are two other beers in there to taste test, so those will be coming over the next few days. :)

No comments: