Thursday, August 28, 2008

Samuel Adams Pale Ale


Well, it may be a bit before I can get to tasting the pumpkin ales I picked up the other day. My NSAID (Non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug) says I shouldn't drink too much while on it. Something about bleeding ulcers and such.

Sigh. Cut back drinking? What fun is that?

In the meantime, here's the last review for my Sam Adams sampler pack. I don't think I got them all, but hey, what can you do?

The Sam Adams Pale Ale is an English style pale ale. It does indeed have an 'earthy' tone to it. It poured with a thick head on it and had a fair amount of carbonation. The beer smelled somewhat sweet, but it had a slight bitterness to the taste. An interesting combination.

Other than that, it wasn't bad. It was an average English pale ale. I wouldn't avoid it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to hunt to find it.

I really do enjoy the Sam Adams beer line in general. I think their fall/winter beers are stronger than the summertime ones, though. But, if you're out at a restaurant, you can never go wrong ordering a plain ol' Sam Adams.

I did see that the local grocery store has cases of the Sam Adams Octoberfest in stock now, so I'm stoked about that. I do enjoy the fall beers. I also noticed that behind the Octoberfest, a small section of microbrews is starting to form in the grocery store. It seemed to be a bit more expensive than the one 'good beer store' that we have here, but for the convenience, I can't complain (too much).

Alright. I'm off to get an MRI on my wing. Keep on rockin'!

No comments: