Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hop Devil



I'll start today off with my beer review, rather than my running report, just to mix it up.

What we've got here is HopDevil by the Victory Brewing Company.

Not a bad beer. Above average, certainly. It's got a hoppy flavor, for sure. Maybe not quite as much as some other beers. There are also some spices mixed into it. (I would say a different set of spices than in Golden Monkey.)

I'm not quite sure what I was expecting. I think I was expecting something along the lines of an IPA. This isn't quite that. This is a darker beer, and it has characteristics not found in an IPA, such as those spices.

That all being said, it is a very good beer, certainly one worth drinking if you're out and the place you're at has it.

I'll be interested to see what my second bottle of this tastes like, now that I know what to expect.

No comments: