Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tuesday workout

I started out Tuesday evening doing Week 5, Day 2 of the 100 pushup challenge. It was a success, but a close one.

The workouts are divided into smaller sets, but there are more of them. This day was 2 20s, 2 18s, 2 15s, a 14, and then a max (with a minimum of 40). The second 18 was tough. Needless to say, I 'maxed' at the minimum of 40.

Day 3 looks easier, thankfully.


Went for a run with my running buddy as well. It was hot and humid and gross out. We went at an easy pace, and did a little bit of hill work along the way. Not a great run, but I'm glad we went.

My IT band started acting up part way, so I stopped to stretch it out. I may take tonight off to let it rest. (Perhaps I'll do some side leg lefts to try and strengthen it). I'm hoping it's just the recent speedwork that has made it flare up.

We wound up only running 2 3/4s of a mile. That's OK, though. Probably for the best.

She recently bought a sit-up bench, so I gave that a whirl. That's a pretty nice contraption. I might have to go get one. I guess she picked it up for about $60 at Dick's. I banged out 30 of those, and called it a night.

No comments: