Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sam Adams Hefeweizen



I'll preface this review by saying I'm not really a Hefeweizen guy. I've tried a few, and just didn't care for them. For instance, I had UFO from Harpoon, and it fell into this category of general dislike.

So, in my Sam Adams sampler pack, there was a pair of Hefeweizen beers, and I was wary. I do like Sam Adams beer (a lot), though.

This beer wasn't too bad. It didn't have that normal taste that a Hefeweizen does. (Maybe that makes this beer a bad one for the category). For a non-Hefeweizen drinker, though, it's fine.

The taste is crisp, and the beer is cloudy. The cloudy nature is from the yeast not being filtered out. The taste is slightly bitter, but a very light taste overall.

Not too bad. I would drink it again, but probably wouldn't go out of my way to buy some.

No comments: