Monday, August 18, 2008

Off the grid Friday

So, Friday afternoon, I took a halfer. Blah. I needed some time away. Just had a lot on my mind. Turned my phone off for a bit and went out.

I went and got a massage, and it was good. Of course, how can a massage not be good?

I did a couple of errands that needed to be done, as well, so it wasn't all fun & games- it was minorly productive.

I had some time to kill before my wife got home, and I still needed to decompress. I wound up going out and had a couple of drinks in relative anonymity. One waitress/bartender knew me, but that was OK.

While out, I had the freshest Magic Hat #9 that I've ever had, hands down. It was on tap, so I'd figure I'd give it a shot. Wow. Must have been a fresh keg. It's an American Pale Ale style beer, with a bit of fruit flavor to it. (I think it's apricot?). Usually, after having 3 or so of these, my taste disappears for it. However, I suspect with a fresh batch, there might be a different ending to that story.

I also had the opportunity to try Glenlivet 12.


Let me tell you, for a single malt scotch that you're likely to find out at a chain restaurant, it's not too shabby. Good flavor, smooth. You'll pay more at a Ruby Tuesday's/Ground Round than you should, but if you're jonesin' for something like a scotch, it's really nice.
I didn't add any water, just had it neat. The color was golden, and it had many hints of wood and smoke.

Figured there was no need to get lit up at 5:00, so I thanked the bartender, and walked back home and got back on the grid.

All in all, not a bad afternoon.

No comments: